or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I am currently outfitting a CD-30C for voyaging and have found it to be an excellently built boat. The hull and coachroof are very thickly laid up, and all deck hardware and the tapered-cone seacocks are bronze (and still available through Spartan Marine). The boat is stout, tracks well, points remarkably well, and stiffens up nicely as the wind increases. Good size for a single hander like me. The interior is small, but adequate. Additional storage can be had with some simple modifications to the forpeak. There are no bulwarks. Cape Dory's seem to age well. My boat is 34 years old and is still in ocean crossing shape. The gelcoat was put on a little thick at the factory and has a tendency crack and craze at the surface, but that's only cosmetic. The non-skid was nothing but skid until I reconditioned the decks last year. Current project is replacing the freshwater tanks and plumbing. Overall, I think the CD-30 is a capable blue water cruiser with a competent seaman.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Very solidly built boat. Wonderful underbody and rudder design. Excellent steering system, simple traditional layout that is very functional and utilitarian with an excellent galley arrangement. Perfect bridge deck and excellent cockpit drainage. Fine entry and excellent steering. Beautiful reaching boat with a friendly motion. Tracks effortlessly. Very well balanced. Confidence inspiring vessel, Superb factory hardware. Needs better engine access but is attainable with cockpit floor modification.

Feedback and Knowledge Base